VI. Guidelines for Historian[SLK1]
A. Following election/installation, confer with outgoing Historian to discuss responsibilities of the office and arrange for transfer of records and other materials.
(ASAP, no later than August 31)
B. Maintain electronic archives of the following:
1. All official Association meeting minutes.
2. All official Treasurer’s reports.
3. Historic versions of the Constitution, By-Laws, and Administrative Guidelines.
4. History of Association officers.
5. History of awards given by the Association.
6. History of deceased members recognized/honored by the association.
7. Develop a brief summary of the association’s activities during the year such as the January social, the annual summer meeting, and other significant events. Meeting summaries should include: location, facilities, activities, speakers, cost, members in attendance, and total attendance. C. Maintain an adequate backup of all financial records and Quicken files. Make sure up-to-date historical files exist in 2-3 locations (second computer, webserver, external hard drive, and/or flash drive) to prevent potential loss of files.
D. Make sure current or most recent versions of B1, B2, and B3 are available on the association website.
E. Make sure full historical versions of B4, B5, B6, along with 4-5 years of B7 are available on the association website.
F. Maintain the historical materials in an orderly manner and pass them on to the succeeding Historian.